Work has been really stressful lately, though it’s no surprise because this is always the busiest time of the year in grants … between January 9 – February 15 I’ll have 14 grants or state/federal reports to complete. And since I needed to set some goals for my time at work, I thought it was a good idea to set some personal ones, as well.
1. Remember that patience is a virtue.
2. The patience I need to learn is spelled ‘P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E’, not patients. Without patience, I’ll just make myself one of many patients in the nuthouse.
3. Set up my new Web site for Becky Moore, my saucy pseudonym for romance novels … because, yes! I have a publishing contract with a new e-book publisher, XOXO Publishing.
4. Ask the cover artists if they’ll be able to transfer the flat tummy and small hips from my Becky cover heroine to the real-life Dolly.
5. Laugh as much as last year, squared.
6. Play with Peyton as much as last year, tripled.
7. Challenge Matt as much as last year, squared.
8. Keep up the good work with the YMCA. For one thing, it burns off the booze. For another, it’s a good way to generate ‘P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E’.
PS. if you use Merriam-Webster to look up ‘PATIENCE’ online, it’ll tell you that it’s a 13th century circa noun that means “the capacity, habit, or fact of being patient.” How in the hell am I supposed to interpret that? Whoops … there goes my patience!