If you know me, you know I’m a no-cheese person. Ever. But my husband loves cheesecake, and I wanted to find a good recipe to make him a little treat. I had in mind individual cheesecakes that could be frozen and taken out when the urge struck him, but I had to pick bits and pieces of different recipes to find something that sounded like it would work. I hope you enjoy this recipe for vanilla amaretto individual cheesecakes. The mister did!
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 4 Tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- 16 ounces (2 packages) Neuchâtel cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp amaretto (the good stuff, not an extract)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the crust: stir together the crumbs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and melted butter. Split it evenly between the cups in a muffin tin (this recipe makes about 24 small cheesecakes). Bake it for about 7 minutes, then take them out so they can cool off a bit.
- Turn the oven down to 325 degrees.
- To make the cheesecakes: mix the cheese and sugar until it’s creamy. Add in the remainder of the ingredients for the batter, and blend until it’s smooth. Spoon it into the muffin cups over the baked crusts. Top them with a sprinkle of nutmeg and bake for 14 – 16 minutes or until they set.
- Top with whipped cream and serve with strawberries if you like them. Enjoy! 🙂