Come write with me! I’ve got a busy spring with four classes at two terrific community colleges. Whether you’re pursuing your dream of writing a book, or funding something important in your community, find your verb, and do it on your side of town!
Spring 2020 Schedule
- Introduction to Grantwriting: March 25 – April 29 (WTCC)
- The Business of Writing Romance – workshop: March 28 (CCCC)
- Writing for Young Audiences: April 2 – May 14 (CCCC)
- The Business of Writing Romance – workshop: April 4 (WTCC)
- Introduction to Grantwriting: learn the basics of writing a grant in a hands-on, workshop-style setting. We will cover the different components of grants, and learning to set and maintain a workable grant cycle, building a successful grants management program, developing a logic model, tracking possibilities in the business community, and applying good storytelling to a successful program. (Get in touch if you’d like for me to work directly with your organization.)
- Writing for Young Audiences: develop and begin writing a manuscript for a children’s book during the classwork workshop periods. Additionally, we discuss the business of writing for children, including how to identify publishers, how to write a query and synopsis, and how to market your work.
- The Business of Writing Romance: develop & begin writing a romance book manuscript. Instruction will focus on the craft of writing, along with elements of style (plot, characterization, setting) and process (outlining, etc.). Business discussion includes identifying publishers, preparing queries & submissions, and self vs. traditional publishing.